Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mini Wand Set Hairsticks

The second item I made for the Harry Potter swap was a set of mini wands made out of bamboo chopsticks and some polymer clay complete with box and certificate of autenticity. I was inspired by an idea gypsylakat had on the renaissancefestival.com website. She is making hairsticks from from the bamboo chopsticks to sell at her school. Hers are not wands, though.

I made one Severus Snape wand and one Draco Malfoy with dangly charms, which were earrings I had around since I was in high school. The wands are supposed to be from a limited edition Slytherin House set from Olivanders.

I made the wand box out of what looks like to be a wooden drawer. I added a lid made from a painted cereal box.

wand set

Here is a close up of the charms:
wand set

2 comments:

Hopblogger said...

You did a nice job on those wands!

mieljolie said...

Thanks. I've been meaning to make myself a pair, but haven't ever gotten to it, yet. Ah well. Someday perhaps.

Have a great weekend!

Mieljolie