Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Pretty Pink Present for Barbie

Carol from Cay's Creations sent a most wonderful gift for my daughter and I awhile back!   I've been waiting to post about this glamourous outfit for Barbie until her brand new site (www.cayscreations.com) was up and running.  So, here it is!

 

She sent us a top, skirt and shrug/stoll.  (The top is strapless.  The straps in the pic were painted on.  Daughter chose the doll and dressed her for our photo shoot.)  It's a three piece set that can be mixed and matched.  The stoll almost has a kimono look to it. 



If you've ever played with Barbies growing up, or have kids who do, you'll know how hard it is to find decent clothes for them.  Nowaday, it seems you have to buy the whole doll to get a pretty dress.  And they usually aren't made to last long.  I've even found some that wear sewn on!  No fun at all.   I can remember back when I was young.  I traded a friend for a red velvet dress her grandmother had made for her.  She didn't appreciate it like I did, I guess.  And, though I no longer own it (it was aquired by my younger cousins), it was gorgeous and one of my most precious doll accessories I ever owned.  This is one reason I think its so great that Carol is offering handmade doll clothes.  Her craftsmanship and attention to details is spot on!  In a world of disposable everything, it's nice to see items made to be cherished.



 And, the really neat part is the top is reversible from metallic silver to pink satin.



Daughter loved the outfit.  However, I fear this doll is now showing up all the others in their nicest evening dress.  ;)  If you enjoy Barbies or have a daughter, or other family member, who does, please go check her site out!  It's at www.cayscreations.com.  Enjoy!  And, thank you so much, Carol.

3 comments:

The Cardboard Crafter said...

You are so right! Barbie clothes aren't what they used to be. I was lucky to have an aunt who loved to make doll clothes for us when I was a kid. I don't have her skill/patience. Thanks for sharing!

Viki Banaszak said...

I made a friend in school who was a great sewer and used to purchase all the barbie outfits she could make. My mom just couldn't get me interested in sewing for myself and I think I was the only one to barely make it out of home ec.

mieljolie said...

I've made a few things for the daughter's dolls, but it really is such a small scale to work in. TCC, you're right. It does take a lot of skill and patience.

LOL, BR! You were lucky to have that friend. :)

Mieljolie